5 Cartoons Every Adult Needs to Watch

At almost 36, I often get looks when I mention I still watch cartoons. I watch the usual adult suspects with Rick & Morty, Bob's Burgers, and a slew of anime, but I also love shows who's target audience is a bit younger. Cartoons aimed at kids are silly, brightly colored, and can teach us all valuable life lessons.

From how to deal with sexism, gender identity, broken homes, death, racism, disabilities, heartbreak, being the weirdo, when to give someone a second chance and when not to, or wanting to be a better person, kid shows cover all the topics and usually in a way that makes adults give a heartfelt Keanu "whoa." Aang taught me how to deal with my mental blocks to overcome them and that no issue is ever black and white. Zuko taught me that you must overcome your anger to avoid being consumed by it. Korra taught me to deal with my shame of having a chronic condition that I once felt controlled my life. The Crystal Gems taught me that love is always the answer and no villain can't have redemption. Star taught me how fixing centuries of racism isn't easy or quick, but together we can create a new world. Marco taught me it's ok to be both a princess and a knight. And Mabel taught me to always be my colorful self, even when people try to bring me down to their mundane level. Additionally, these shows have characters who *gasp* are disabled, people of color, non-binary, and LGBTQIA! And people don't freak out over them! What is this inclusive magic??? Continue Reading
 
5 Cartoons Every Adult Needs to Watch | Tice at Home

Popular Posts