Open-Faced Bacon, Cheddar, and Portobello Melts

Phil and I are currently in full self isolation right now and have been eating our way through the fresh produce I got last week, which included 4 large portobello mushroom caps and 2 mushroom mix packs that had baby bello, shiitake, and oyster mushrooms. So needless to say, we have had quite a few mushroom based dinners recently, mostly stir-fries and pasta. But for the last two caps, I wanted something a little different, something that reminded me of going out for dinner, but didn't require me to interact with anyone I don't live with. Enter this tasty concoction - bacon, cheddar, and mushroom melts served open-faced with a side of (sweet potato) fries and happy bellies! Even better, this recipe is completely scalable based on the number of melts you want to make. I've included directions for making one for ease. Continue Reading

Popular Posts